Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Ringing in 2010 as a Penguin

As the clock counts down to the end of what's been an exciting and crazy year, I'll be with JoanMarie in Yosemite National Park. We wanted to attend their New Year's Eve celebration last year, but tickets sold out extremely fast. So this year, the very day they went on sale in March, I woke up early and got 'em!

So that's where I'll be at the beginning of 2010, wearing a tuxedo for only the second time in my life. The first was at my senior prom almost 17 years ago...


I'll see you in 2010 with more posts about whatever I feel like postin' at the time, more contests (including a giveaway of two very special books during the first week of the new year), and hopefully something really exciting will happen so I can uncross my fingers and tell you all about it!

Thank you all for making 2009 a year which I'll never forget.

5 comments:

Cory said...

I think 13 Reasons why is one of the best YA books I've ever read. You write a girl character better than some women. I hope you write more books. And I think it's cool that you keep a blog. More writers should to keep in touch with their audience.

Anna said...

I wish you a happy new year! I've got a little problem-- we're actually reading your book in school and we have to find a picture that fits to every character. But could you help me by saying how clay jensen does look like in your mind? I've got an idea, but i can't find a picture...

Jay Asher said...

Thank you, Victor. It's always scary to write from the point of view of the opposite sex, so that's a huge compliment!

And Anna, there's a reason I didn't describe Clay's physical characteristics. In fact, if you've got an idea in your mind of what he looks like, that's exactly what he looks like!

Happy New Year to you both!!!

AmandaHewer said...

Have a Happy New Year! I'm so glad you wrote 13RW and I can't wait to read it again. Its by far one of my favorite books. =]



I hope you're still doing the Spring Conference in May in Michigan!

K. M. Walton said...

Happy new year, Jay.

p.s. will you be at the SCBWI conference in NYC this year?