Saturday, April 24, 2010

Beach Day!

I've lived near the beach for over twenty years, but very rarely have I actually enjoyed the beach. Either the sun's too hot or the breeze is too cold. Either the water's too cold or the water's too...actually, the water's never anything but cold here. And the sand just gets everywhere!

But today was an all-around great day at the beach. Who woulda thunk?


JoanMarie and I had lunch on the sand with two of our best friends, Pat and Heather. And this time, for once, the sand didn't get everywhere.

Then we played a little bit of paddle ball.


The weather was perfect. Not too hot. Not too cold.


The water was still freezing, but 2 out of 3's not bad. In fact, I have kind of a strange desire to spend some more time here in the near future.

And to think it only took me a couple decades to start enjoying this little slice o' paradise that's been here all along.

4 comments:

StaffPicks said...

Ah.
The grass is always sandier on the other side!

Anonymous said...

dear jay,
my name is sara and i live in the UAE . I read your book ( 13 reasons why ) and i cant tell you how much i loved it ,i just can't stop thinking about it .i read it at night and i started crying after finishing it , it is just sooooo touching and it really opened my eyes. thank you so much jay for sharing this amazing book with us . you're the best , PLEASE MAKE IT INTO A MOVIE!!

Jay Asher said...

Paul, isn't it the sand is always greener on the other side? Or maybe we're both wrong...

Thank you, Anonymous! Regarding a movie, keep your fingers crossed (that's what I'm doing). There are "Hollywood people" who are interested, and my blog readers will be the first to know when anything is confirmed.

Slamdunk said...

That sounds like my brother. He lives just a few blocks from the beach, but always has other things to do.

Looks like a fun time though.