Wednesday, August 24, 2011

May the Fold be with You

As a child, I loved Star Wars. I also loved origami, though I couldn’t do it well (I still can’t even fold a decent paper airplane). So when I first heard about Tom Angleberger’s The Strange Case of Origami Yoda, I was intrigued.

Tom and I exchanged a few emails, I read his book, and not only is he a great guy, he’s an author who makes me a bit jealous. I spent so many years trying to write funny books for children, but when I devour a book like his, I realize why none of mine sold. (I do study those books, because maybe one day…)

Then I heard Tom was working on another Origami Yoda book, Darth Paper Strikes Back. “Cool,” I thought. “I hope he writes even more.” One day, a funny idea popped into my head. I sent Tom an email, partly as a joke, thinking maybe he could use the idea if he ever wanted to write another Origami Yoda book after Darth Paper.

Here's where it gets fun! This week, Darth Paper Strikes Back is finally available for you to buy. Like, right now!

Why are you still reading this blog? Go…get…Tom’s…book!


Okay, now flip to the Acknowledgments page and you’ll see:


Do you have any idea how cool and exciting that is for me? No, you don’t. It is very cool and exciting for me. Very, very, VERY cool and exciting!

In fact, it has inspired me to try folding my own Darth Paper (the book includes instructions right before the amazing Acknowledgments page). Paper cuts, here I come!

6 comments:

Anya Starlight said...

That's so cool!

Congratulations on coming up with the idea

Sabrina Steyling said...

I was never any good at origami either (or paper airplanes). Good luck on making your own Darth Paper! If you succeed in your mission, post a photo of him for us to see here! :)

Sam said...

Man, you are the best!!!!

Susan said...

That's very awesome. I have a mention in the back of: The Dead Travel Fast (A book about vampires and culture)always exciting.

Silverpool said...

Congratulations!! That's sooo AWESOME!

m. christine weber said...

This is beyond cool! Like, it's infringing on awesome. Origami and DARTH VADER?! I'm definitely gonna have to buy it. And I want MY name in a Darth Vader/Paper book! So rad...